Personal Tax Account
HMRC are constantly developing the information available to Taxpayers. In some cases, access to some of this information can be made available to us as your Agent once authority has been granted.
As an individual you can see a wide range of information by accessing your Personal Tax Account online. The following can be accessed through your Personal Tax Account:
- check your income from work/employments in the previous 5 years
- check your Income Tax estimate and tax code
- check how much Income Tax you paid in the previous 5 years
- check and manage your tax credits
- check your State Pension
- check your National Insurance record and entitlement to the State Pension
- check or update your Marriage Allowance
- tell HMRC about a change of name or address
- check or update benefits you get from work, for example company car details and medical insurance, and other income
- find your National Insurance number
- find your Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) number
- check your Simple Assessment tax bill
You may have already accessed your Personal Tax Account, if you have, you will have created a Government Gateway user ID and password and completed some identify checks.
If you have not accessed your Personal Tax Account before, or cannot remember your Government Gateway log on details, you can set up a new Government Gateway user ID and password (by clicking ‘create sign in details’ when prompted to log in). To gain access to your Personal Tax Account you will need the following personal details to pass the security checks:
– your National Insurance number or postcode and 2 of the following:
- a valid UK passport
- a UK photocard driving licence issued by the DVLA
- a payslip from the last 3 months or a P60 from your employer for the last tax year
- details of a tax credit claim if you made one
- details from a Self Assessment tax return (in the last 2 years) if you made one
- information held on your credit record if you have one (such as loans, credit cards or mortgages)
If you are interested in setting up a Personal Tax Account, or accessing your existing account, this can be done using the following link: https://www.gov.uk/personal-tax-account
Income Record Viewer
HMRC have recently developed the system further so Agents can view a client’s Income Record Viewer.
This allows authorised Agents to see information including:
- pay and tax details
- state pension details
- employment history
- tax codes (current year only)
The information available covers the current tax year as well as the previous four tax years, except in the case of tax codes.
This information would be very helpful if we prepare your Self Assessment Tax Return. If you are struggling to obtain paperwork for your Tax Return, such as P45’s/P60’s, access to your Income Record Viewer may provide the missing details required.
For Wheelers to access your Income Record, we would first need to request authority. This is by way of a digital authorisation request.
If you are happy for us to have access to your Income Record Viewer and you already have a Personal Tax Account (you will need access to your Government Gateway user ID and password to complete the digital authorisation) you are welcome to email me so I can action the next step required to start the authorisation process by emailing: Stephanie.email@example.com
The authorisation process is a one-off process but does have to be done on an individual basis.
If you require any assistance with any of the above, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Article written by Stephanie Welland